Ah, Monday Instagram posts — the new cultural tradition that allows us to bid the weekend farewell with an appropriate sense of reverence and a deep, intense knowledge that the next five days are about to unfold.
Whether you want to join the chorus of devoted Monday haters, have decided to put your “better than you” foot forward in celebrating the dawn of a new workweek, or you’re actually on vacation, you’ll need a profoundly powerful Monday caption for Instagram to wake your feed up with.
We know you’re still snoozing… so here are some ideas you can put into action right away. We’ve also got some Monday caption writing tips, but we don’t blame you if you don’t have enough energy to get creative this early in the week.
How to Write Awesome Monday Captions for Instagram
We wouldn’t exactly say the ratio is 50/50, but there are two broad types of Monday Instagram captions — ones posted by people who hate Mondays and ones crafted by Instagram users who actively look forward to a productive week.
Each type deserves its own caption writing tips.
Monday-hating Monday Instagram captions should be funny and relatable. They lean into the cultural clichés that have developed around Mondays and make it clear that the poster would much rather still be enjoying the weekend. “Need more coffee” captions are pretty popular, but any kind of Monday hate will do the trick.
Motivational or “Happy Monday” Monday captions for Instagram can be inspiring. They also risk sounding overly smug, so be careful. Very careful. Unless you’re doing shift work, especially in a “beyond reproach” profession, of course. If you’re a firefighter, nurse, doctor, law enforcement officer, or service member, go ahead and be smug if you don’t have to work on Monday.
Your third option? Don’t write Monday Instagram captions. Copy/paste… and pretend you’re still in bed, two hours after you told the snooze button where to stick itself.
Happy Monday Instagram Captions
1. I hope your Monday is a fun day!
2. Start your week off with positive vibes, and you’ll have a great one.
3. I played hard, and now I can’t wait to work hard!
4. Monday, here I come!
5. Gearing up for a happy and productive week!
6. I’m here for Motivational Monday! We can do it, fam!
7. Starting Monday with a lucky selfie.
8. Happy Monday! A fresh start that comes every week!
9. This is what productivity looks like!
10. New week, looking sleek.
Funny Monday Instagram Captions
11. I’m not a fan. Unfortunately, Monday seems to be a fan of me. Maybe it’s stalking me? I see it every week!
12. Yes, I woke up like this.
13. Monday is a state of mind. A time for weekly hibernation.
14. But at least there’s coffee. There’s that.
15. I never skip leg day, but I do skip Mondays.
16. This Monday Instagram post was brought to you by our loyal sponsor: Coffee.
17. Lazy Mondays are the best Mondays. The only Mondays.
18. Friday. So close, and yet so far.
19. Mondays are a chance to reset your week.
20. Monday. The start of the weak.
Grumpy Monday Captions for Instagram
21. It’s still Sunday in another time zone.
22. F*ck, it’s Monday.
23. I’m allergic to Mondays. Sorry, I won’t be in today.
24. Yawn. It’s Monday.
25. Monday. My least favorite day of the week.
26. Nope. Not talking until I’ve had my coffee.
27. I’m too tired for this sh*t.
28. Embrace that Monday magic… call in sick.
29. Don’t talk to me until it’s Friday.
30. That boring horror movie nobody likes. Monday.
Savage Monday Instagram Captions
31. Feeling sorry for everyone who complains while I slay it. Hello, Monday! Hello, success!
32. It’s Monday, freak. Not doomsday.
33. I started my Monday early. You? Still napping?
34. Building my career atop your grumpy Monday morning posts. Thanks!
35. One glance around the office on Mondays, and you instantly know what kind of stuff people are made of.
36. When Monday crashes your dreams, take flight.
37. Play hard, but work harder.
38. Taking advantage of every second you’re still sleeping.
39. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Like those coworkers who are defeated by Mondays.
40. I might feel like giving up, but I don’t actually do it.
Inspirational Monday Instagram Caption Ideas
41. Rise and shine, your week just got rebooted.
42. Hope you filled up on good vibes. Happy Monday! Slay the week!
43. And remember… the best war is one you can win without fighting! Skip the grump and head straight for the coffee!
44. Every new week brings brand new chances.
45. Let’s hear it for Motivational Monday! Monday, Slay day!
46. Dare to be unstoppable. You’re already ahead of the curve.
47. Boldly chase your dreams, and you’ll never have to worry about Mondays again.
48. Go with the caffeine flow and find your glow.
49. Let’s beat Monday!
50. Today’s affirmation: Mondays are energetic and effortlessly productive.
Short Monday Instagram Captions
51. Where’s my “I Survived Monday” sticker?
52. Wishing Monday was as short as this caption.
53. Monday vibes.
54. Make your Monday a fun day.
55. Monday hater forever.
56. Mundane Monday.
57. Starting the week with hope.
58. Bring it on!
59. Work hard, play hard soon!
60. Down with Mondays.
Great Quotes for Monday Instagram Captions
61. “Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” — Michael Ely
62. “The future depends on what you do today.” — Mahatma Gandhi
63. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
64. “Monday is a great for becoming too busy to die.” ― Roy Station
65. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” — Zig Ziglar
66. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
67. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso
68. “Okay, it’s Monday but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” — Kimberly Jiménez
69. “May your coffee be strong and your Mondays be short.”
70. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” — Farrah Gray
FAQ About Monday Instagram Captions
Why are Monday Instagram captions so popular?
Monday Instagram captions have become a way for Instagram users to share a routine familiar to almost everyone — the start of a new workweek and the end of a weekend of fun and freedom. Monday captions for Instagram are usually funny, highlighting the low-level dread many people feel about the upcoming week.
What are the most common themes in Monday captions for Instagram?
Oof — there are so many to choose from. They can best be described as “more coffee,” “please, no,” and “I’ve totally got this.”
How long should my Monday Instagram caption be?
Keep it short. Let’s be honest — nobody is going to read long Monday Instagram captions. Your followers don’t have the “bandwidth.”
What makes a Monday caption for Instagram motivational?
Simple! Tell your Insta fam that they’ve got it, and they’re going to have a great week. The dread wears off more quickly with a happy Instagram feed.
What hashtags should I add to my Monday Instagram captions?
You’ve got a whole ocean of options, and it’s always a good idea to keep up with the latest trends, too. Some great hashtags to add to your Monday captions for Instagram include #mondayvibes, #newweeknewgoals, #mondayblues, #mondaymotivation, and #mondayinspiration.
Other excellent choices are #mondaymood, #coffee, #mondaygrind, and #mondayselfie.