Whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can add text to your TikTok videos by following these steps:
- Open TikTok.
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose the length of the video.
- Record your video.
- Tap the checkmark at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap the “Aa” symbol at the bottom of your screen, next to stickers and effects.
- Type your text.
- You can customize the text by tapping the letter A on the side of the text menu and choosing a color.
- You can change the font by tapping “Options” at the top left corner of your screen.
- Once you’re done customizing the text, press “Done” at the top right corner of the screen.
- You can drag the text anywhere on your video by tapping it, holding it, and dragging it across the screen.
- Tap “Next.”
- Tap “Post.”
Adding text to your TikTok video before you upload it is only available on the app. You can upload videos from a browser, but you won’t get the option to add text to them. Even if you schedule a video to upload later, you cannot edit it once it’s been scheduled.
How to Edit Text on TikTok
Only videos that have been saved to your drafts can be edited before they are uploaded. To save a video to your drafts, follow the previous steps, but instead of tapping “Post” on step 13, tap “Drafts.” Once you save the video, you can add or edit the text by following these steps:
- Open the video with the text you want to edit.
- Tap the “Aa” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Edit your text.
- Press “Done” at the top right corner of your screen.
- Drag your text around your screen if you want to.
- Tap “Next.”
- Tap “Post” if you want to post right away or “Draft” if you want to keep the video in your drafts.
How to Set Text Duration on Your TikTok Video
- Record your video or select it from your drafts.
- Tap the “Aa” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Select “Set duration.”
- Adjust the timer bar by dragging it on either end until the text appears at the desired time and length.
- Tap the checkmark at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- If you want to add more text, tap the “Aa” option and start again.
- When you’re done with all the text, tap “Next.”
- Tap “Post” if you want to upload right away or “Draft” if you want to save the video to upload later.
The text function on TikTok videos is very versatile, as you can add multiple lines of text all over your video in different colors and styles. You have access to the feature right after recording or selecting a video, and all it takes is a few taps to add some spice to your TikToks.