How many times have you hit ‘Share’ on an Instagram post, only to find a spelling mistake in the caption, or an issue with the spacing between your carefully selected emoji’s?
Luckily, there is a way to edit your published Instagram posts – and it takes just a couple of minutes to do.
3 Steps to Edit Your Instagram Post
- Head to your profile page and click on the post you want to edit (or find it directly in your feed).
- Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner of the image and select ‘Edit’.
- Your entire caption is now free to edit as you see fit! Once you’re happy with the changes you’ve made, simply click ‘Done’ in the top right hand corner.
A Few Instagram Editing Tips From Us to You…
Editing an Instagram post is extremely quick and easy and can be done at any time whether you notice an error or spacing mishap within seconds of posting, or days and even weeks after posting.
To make your posts even better, we’ve compiled a couple of tips to make the process easier.
- If your original post ends with a hashtag, hitting the edit key will immediately take you to the hashtag editing screen. If you want to leave your hashtags as they are and edit the text in your main caption, simply hit the space bar to return to the normal text box.
- Editing your caption once a post has been shared is an easier way of seeing exactly how the text will appear on the app and in your feed. This is because the original ‘Write a Caption’ box is wider than the main newsfeed on Instagram, meaning that the text you carefully format initially will be adapted to the new space. Editing a post after sharing it allows you to fix any little issues with bullet lists, emojis, and other formatting details.
We hope this helps! Now there really is no excuse for spelling and grammar errors in your Instagram captions and posts!