If you regularly use Instagram on a shared computer or smartphone, it’s important to sign out of your account after use. This will ensure that your account is secure, without danger of others using it to post or make changes to your profile.
Do you know how to log out of your Instagram account on phone and PC? This article will guide you through it.
How to Log Out of Instagram on Mobile
Want to know how to log out of an Instagram account on a mobile phone? Thanks to the tailored user interface of the app, this is the simplest option for doing so. All you have to do is:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your profile
- After you’ve done this, press the icon that looks like three horizontal lines to open a menu
- Press the Settings option and scroll down to the bottom
- Select the Log Out option
- A prompt will appear and you will see an option to remember login information. Ensure this slider is grey, not blue
- That will guarantee that no one else can use this device to log into your account without your knowledge
- Press the Log Out option again and you will be logged out of your account
How to Sign Out of Instagram on Computer
The process of logging out of your account on a computer is much the same.
- First, open the Instagram site
- Once you do this, click on your profile icon to open a menu
- This menu will give you the option to enter your profile, see your saved posts, open the Settings menu, or log out of your account
- Press the Log Out option; this will instantly log you out of your account
If you have logged into Gmail on this device, be sure to log out of your Gmail account too. This will prevent anyone from using your Gmail account to log into your Instagram account on this device with the Forgot Password feature.
Can I switch Instagram accounts without logging out?
You can switch between your linked accounts very easily from the Instagram app, and you do not need to log out.
- You can do this by navigating to your profile
- Press the downward-facing arrow beside your username
- After you do this, you will see a list of your linked accounts and the option to create or log into an account
- Once an account is on this list, you can switch to it simply by opening the list and tapping it
Can I set up two-factor authentication on Instagram?
Yes, you can set up two-factor authentication on Instagram, and it is surprisingly easy.
- Simply enter your profile
- Open the menu
- Press Settings
- Once you have entered the Settings menu, press Security
- Tap Two-Factor Authentication
- At this point, you should follow the on-screen instructions to choose the authentication method that suits you best
How many Instagram accounts can I have?
You can create up to five linked Instagram accounts. However, you can technically have as many Instagram accounts as you want, so long as you don’t expect to seamlessly jump between the profiles on the app. To create more accounts, you’ll just need email addresses or phone numbers that are unique to these profiles.