Unfortunately, you cannot turn off TikTok ads on the app. However, you can opt-out of receiving personalized ads. You’ll still see ads while using the app, but this way, you can at least stop TikTok from taking your data to show you targeted advertisements.
How to Stop TikTok from Giving You Personalized Ads
- Open the app and tap “Profile” on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- At the top right of your screen, you should see 3 lines. Tap those 3 lines to go to your settings.
- Tap “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap “Privacy” and then “Ads Personalization.”
- Tap the button next to “Use of Off-TikTok activity for ad targeting”, which is located at the top right of your screen. Most people will have it off by default.
How to Stop Receiving TikTok Ads on Your Browser
The above instructions will stop all the targeted ads on TikTok, but that doesn’t mean you’ll stop seeing TikTok-related ads while you’re browsing the internet. You may even see the same ads you saw on the TikTok app previously.
If you want those to stop, you’ll need to reset your browser settings. You’ll have to do this every so often, as the cached data piles up unless you use a VPN. Here’s how to do this without resetting all your stored passwords and important information on your browser:
How to Stop Getting TikTok Ads on Microsoft Edge
- Click the 3 horizontal dots next to your account icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “settings” option at the bottom of the toggled menu.
- On the left, right under “profile,” click “Privacy, search, and services.”
- Under “Clear browsing data”, click “Choose what to clear”.
- Check all the boxes and then click “Clear”.
- Restart your computer, so that the change can take effect.
How to Stop Getting TikTok Ads on Google Chrome
- Click on the 3 vertical dots next to your account icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the settings option at the bottom.
- A new tab will open. On the left menu options, click “Privacy and security” under “Autofill.”
- Under the “privacy and security” section, click “clear browsing data”.
- Check all 3 boxes labeled “browsing history,” “cookies and other site data,” and “cached images and file.”
- Click “clear data.”
How to Stop Getting TikTok Ads on Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “settings.”
- Click on “Privacy and security”.
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click “clear data.”
- Select the 2 boxes labeled “cookies and site data” and “cached web content.”
- Click “Clear.”
How to Stop Getting TikTok Ads on Safari
- Click “Safari” on the top left corner of your screen next to the Apple logo.
- Select “preferences.”
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Click “Show Development” and then close the menu.
- Click “Development” at the top of the screen.
- Select “Empty Cache”.